TERMS AND CONDITIONS
References in these terms to “me”, “my”, “I” etc are to me Laura Gillham the seller. References to “you” etc are to you the customer.
These are my standard terms and conditions. They apply to all orders. I will not deal on any terms other than these terms, or any variation to these terms, unless expressly agreed in writing.
These terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015, Sections 19 to 27, to the extent that they might otherwise have applied to the terms of any contract between me and you, are hereby excluded.
All communications with me are to be exclusively by the Etsy messaging service. Any communication provided by any other means will not satisfy any requirement in these terms.
All references in these terms to days are to calendar days, and not business days, save where expressly stated otherwise.
All references to sizes are to UK sizes. In particular the sizes that I will use for any given item are specified on the description for that item.
Preference of fit- for example you measure a 14 but wear a 10. Any preference of fit outside of my advice must be communicated to me in writing, with measures before ordering. No refunds will be offered on a basis of preference of fit where I believe the item to fit correctly or when the customer has gone against my advice.
My Etsy provides a “Core Range” of made to order items in standardised sizes. Where I refer in these terms to a “Custom Size Order”, I mean an order of an item within my Core Range but that falls outside of those standardised sizes. Where I refer in these terms to a “Custom Order”, I mean an order of an item that fall outside of my Core Range. In addition I will on occasion sell one-off “Ready-to-Wear” items.
All items must be washed in accordance with my “Care Instructions” to be found on the item’s description on my Etsy page and/or as included with your order. I cannot accept any responsibility for damage to or deterioration of any item due to washing outside of my Care Instructions. For the avoidance of doubt, no refund will be offered on any item or order where that item has been washed outside of my Care Instructions.
Measurements must be given when requested. Please carefully check my “Size Guide” and measure yourself before ordering. I am happy to offer guidance on how to measure yourself accurately. For the avoidance of doubt, no refund will be offered on any item or order due to inaccurate measuring on the customer's part, or because of changes in the customer's body shape.
(2) Placing an order
Where an item forms part of my Core Range, or is a one-off Ready-to-Wear item, the order is complete once you have placed an order and paid.
For a Custom Order or Custom Size Order, you will need to submit a proposal to me, which I will then consider. Following any discussion as may take place between us, I reserve the exclusive right to accept or refuse your proposal. The order will not be complete, and no contract will exist between us, until I have accepted your proposal in terms.
During busy periods I will close my books and it will not be possible to place orders for items of any kind. You may still contact me about future orders at these times.
For my Core Range, and for Ready-to-Wear items, prices are be as set out on my Etsy page at the time that the order is placed.
For a Custom Order or Custom Size Order, all prices are subject to negotiation with me.
- You the customer will bear the cost of postage as a separate and additional cost to the price of the item itself; and
- You the customer will be responsible for any (additional) import taxes in the event that the order is to be shipped outside of the UK.
Payment for all orders will be processed exclusively via Shopify or Etsy. Please refer to Shopify or Etsy’s standard terms in this regard.
(5) Processing and delivery
- Ready-to-Wear items will involve a processing time of 1 to 3 days;
- Core Range items will involve a processing time of 2 to 3 weeks per item, save that where an order is for 5 items or more, processing time will be subject to negotiation with me;
- All processing times for any and all Custom Orders or Custom Size Orders are subject to negotiation with me.
(A) Timing of returns to be entitled to a refund
If you would like to return an item you must contact me via Etsy in writing within 7 days of receiving that item to make a "refund request".
Any and all such items that are the subject of a refund request must be returned to me within 21 days of the refund request.
If the item has not been returned to me within a maximum of 28 days after it has been received by you, you agree that you will not be eligible for a refund.
(B) Condition of returned items to be entitled to a refund
You agree that all items returned must never have been worn and will be as new. Any stains, smells or other evidence of wearing or washing and no refund will be given. Please try on knickers over another pair of knickers first if you are unsure on size.
(C) No refund will be offered on any Custom Order or Custom Size Order
No Custom Order or Custom Size Order will be refunded in any circumstances once the order has been placed, as they are more difficult to resell. Do contact me if there is a problem with your order. For the avoidance of any doubt, once a custom order has been placed you cannot cancel it as work and purchasing for it will often begin straight away.
(D) No refund will be offered due to allergies
No refund will be offered due to any allergy that you may have to the item or any part thereof. Any allergies that might be an issue must be discussed with me before ordering to see if I can accommodate them as a Custom Order. I will endeavor to do so where possible.
(E) No refund will include postage costs
You agree that any and all postage costs, as billed to you for the cost of delivery to you, and as incurred to return the item(s) to me, will not be refunded.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
Sharing Personal InformationWe share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Using Personal InformationWe use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Lawful basisPursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
RetentionWhen you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
Automatic decision-makingIf you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data. Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you. Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
GDPRIf you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS]. Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
CookiesA cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|